Terms and Conditions
Accommodation & Glamping Experiences
Bookings under $3000: Full Payment is required at time of booking.
Bookings over $3000: 20% non-refundable Deposit is required
Final Payment is due 3 months prior to arrival.
Accommodation – Cancellations and Refunds
If your booking is cancelled, your deposit will be retained. All other payments will be lost unless the venue can be resold for the same dates and amounts. If this is the case, all payments, less 20% deposit, may be refundable.
A reschedule may be considered under exceptional circumstances and may incur a reschedule fee due to lost bookings and limited lead times to rebook.
All refund or reschedule negotiations must be made in writing.
Security Deposit Information
Security Deposits are Required for all group bookings – Details as follows:
A security deposit form will be provided when you book. This needs to be filled out, signed, and returned to the office 7 days prior to the arrival date. Payment of security deposit is to be made by Credit Card Pre-Authorisation on the day of arrival for the amount of up to $2000 pending group type.
What is a Pre-Authorization?
This is when your bank places a hold for the amount on your credit card. The credit card must be equipped with sufficient funds which cannot be spent, for the duration of your stay. The security deposit is released by the bank 7 working days after departure unless fees have been charged.
Please contact the office if you find anything out of order upon arrival which may affect your security deposit being refunded. Ph (03) 5984 0888.
The form can be scanned and emailed or you can fill it in and take photo with your phone and email it through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Security Deposit Charges
If you breach any agreement of your stay, the security deposit is charged in full.
Fees will not be negotiated into for any damage charges, repairs or issues as a result of the group behaviour. All properties must be left in a condition that a new booking can arrive and check in on the same day within 4 hours of your departure.
During Your Stay
Please abide by the following terms to avoid security deposit losses:
- Guests must not create noise or a disturbance of the peace which is offensive to neighbours at any time throughout the occupancy. If guests in adjoining properties and/or neighbours are disturbed, you may be liable to refund accommodation fees to guests whose stay has been disrupted by excessive noise from your group.
- Guests must abide by any noise abatement conditions, standards and orders issued by police or any regulatory authority to minimise impacts upon the residential amenity of neighbours and local community. Disturbance of the Peace comes with considerable fines.
- Gatherings, celebrations or entertainment at the property must not conflict with residential amenity and must comply with local laws and house rules.
- *No unauthorised adult entertainment at any time on any property
- No smoking indoors or within 3 metres of entrances
- No cigarette litter on property grounds
- No open flames or candles
- No food or drink in the bedrooms or carpeted areas
- Garbage must be placed inside the allocated rubbish bins
- Recycling –must be in accordance with standard practice, local laws and in the correct bins to avoid contamination.
- All visitors/guests must comply with parking signs and information as supplied on booking and within the terms & conditions.
- Day Fee – Day Visitors must be advised to the office ( day fee may apply)
- No Guest or Visitor is to disturb the natural environment or to bring animals onto the property without prior approval by management.
- Management are empowered to take action as necessary for improper behaviour and have the right to ask any person to leave.
- Guests are granted a limited permission to occupy the Property for holiday purposes only. This is not a residential tenancy agreement under the residential tenancy legislation.
- Failure to comply with the obligations in the Terms and Conditions may result in termination of permission to occupy the property and eviction.
Accommodation – Booking Terms
- It is the clients responsibility to provide a contactable phone number prior to and for the duration of your stay.
- Minimum night stay during school holidays and Public Holidays
- One night stay available on request – surcharge applies.
- Children under 2 years old are Free of Charge.
- A fee applies to transfer your booking
- In the instance of a no show, refunds will not be issued
- Special Offers and Coupons are not redeemable on Public/school Holidays/peak times
- The facilities at all properties are shared ie swimming pool, parking.
- Late check out or early check in by request (fee applies)
Swimming Pool – Bayplay Group Lodge & Cottage, Blairgowrie
- The swimming pool at the Bayplay Group Lodge is shared amongst all guests and Bayplay’s scuba dive training team. Scuba dive training is on Saturdays until 1pm and/or Sunday mornings.
If there are scuba divers in the pool, this is a good time to visit the beach, local markets or join on a Bayplay kayak, snorkel or dive experience. If you would like to know the pool dive schedule, just give us a call in the office the day prior. You’re just 500m from the bay beach or a short drive from Mornington’s very own natural hot springs. Pool heating is available upon request (fee applies)
- No glass, alcohol, food or smoking in the pool area.
Accommodation – Pet Friendly
Our Peninsula Accommodation properties which are pet friendly.
- Portsea Retreat – House trained dogs only – no outside spaces
- Blairgowrie Cottage – Fenced yard
- Blairgowrie Lodge – Fenced yard
- Iluka Retreat – No pets at any time (Land for Wildlife)
- Please contact the officeto find out about bringing your pets along on your family holiday.
Seasons Are As follows:
- Low season: 10 Jun – 31 Aug
- High season: 1 Sep – 20 Dec and 31 Jan – 9 June
- Peak season: 20 Dec – 30 Jan, School Holidays, Easter and Long weekends
Weekend nights are Friday and Saturday nights
Mid Week nights are Sunday through Thursday
Bayplay Activity Terms & Conditions
Sailing Cruises, Snorkel, Dive, Kayak & Bike Experiences
- Full payment is required upon booking.
- Minimum numbers are required on all experiences & courses.
- Private Tours can be scheduled if minimum numbers are not met.
- It is the clients’ responsibility to provide a contactable mobile phone number.
- Cancellations are at the discretion of the company. If an activity is cancelled by our organisation due to weather conditions or any other reason beyond our control, the activity booking will be rescheduled.
- Clients are not to be under the influence of alcohol/drugs prior to or during any experience or program.
- In the circumstance of a Late arrival or No Show, the booking will not be rescheduled or refunded.
- Groups will be charged for the number of guests booked, including those who do not show up on the day. Final numbers for groups are required 7 days prior to the day. Extras may be added on at any time, space permitting.
Refund & Reschedule Process
Reschedules may be required due to:
- Weather conditions create a risk to the health, safety or enjoyment of the experience.
- If minimum numbers are not met, we will reschedule to a convenient time.
- Lastminute changes out of our control
Refunds are not provided unless exceptional circumstances and/or upon acceptance of a doctors certificate. Refunds are at the discretion of management and must be requested in writing. An admin fee of 20% will be applied to all approved refunds. In some instances, you may be offered to swap your experience for a Bayplay credit redeemable for the same or similar experience.
Scuba Dive Terms & Conditions
BOOKINGS – Scuba Dive Courses & Experiences
- Minimum numbers on all experiences are required.
- Private Experiences are available to guarantee dates
- Liability forms, medicals and terms and conditions must be adhered to at all times.
- It is up to the client to ensure all paperwork is returned and medical information is disclosed prior to an experience or dive course ie any reason which may impact on a learn to dive course or program such as swimming ability.
Scuba Dive Courses & Experiences
A dive student or client will not be eligible for any refund;
- If you find that the activity or scuba dive course is not for you, you don’t like it or drop out.
- If you miss the course due to situations that could have been avoided ie running late/incomplete paperwork.
- Scuba Equipment Rental – Scuba Equipment is included on beginner and open water dive courses up to size 9 adult wetsuit and XL BCD. If a person requires equipment outside the range of what we carry, then a fee may be required to hire items in or purchase tailored equipment ie prescription masks. A minimum of 30 days is required to organise specialised or personalised equipment.
- The Dive Instructor Decides; your instructor may recommend that you require specialised skills or training and to stop the course and return. Reasons include but are not limited to: a reason that may affect the safety of the client, the other students on the course, the smooth running of the course or the Company providing the course. Eg to complete further skills such as swimming skills or confidence in water. Refer to reschedule terms and conditions.
- If the experience or dive is not able to be completed on the day due to weather, then a new date will be offered.
- Dive Locations – All scheduled dive locations may be changed lastminute due to the following: weather conditions, tides, safety and shipping channel vessels coming through Port Philip Heads. If a dive site is swapped to another site on the day, a refund is not issued.
- Charter Boat Dives – Refunds are not available for boat dives cancelled by guests.
Gift Voucher Terms & Conditions
- The gift certificate must be redeemed by the due date.
- The gift certificate may not be redeemed for cash.
- The certificate may be redeemed on scheduled tours only.
- Gift certificate may be exchanged for other Bayplay run tours.
- Gift certificates are valid from the date of purchase.
- All bookings are subject to the Terms for activities and accommodation
General Terms & Conditions
- Guests and Visitors must comply with any instructions from the Manager and security services during their stay and notify the Manager of any disputes or complaints as soon as is practicable on (03) 5984 0888.
- Special Offers – Only one special offer or deal is applicable per booking.
- Bayplay reserves the right to cancel bookings under extenuating circumstances, and in this instance all deposits where possible will be refunded. Whilst every effort is made to ensure a safe environment, Bayplay holds no responsibility for any damage to your person or personal effects.
Meeting the Terms and Conditions
- The consequences of not complying with the Terms and Conditions requirements can include enforcement action from the Owner, Manager, Security Services, Local Councils and Law Enforcement Officers.
- Enforcement action is subject to the Australian Consumer Law and other relevant legislation.
- Such enforcement action could result in termination of permission to occupy a Property, eviction and loss of booking payment or deductions from security deposits plus additional charges to recoup costs of loss of bookings due to the clients’ actions.
- It is important for all Guests to be aware of their obligations and of their responsibilities and to make any Visitors to Bayplay property aware of these requirements to maintain the amenity of the Property and its neighbourhood.
Education Group – Terms & Conditions
Payments – School Groups
- The Booking Deposit is due within 14 Days of booking
- 20% Deposit at time of booking (non-refundable)
- Final Balance is due 90 days prior to arrival
- The Balance of payment will be based on the quote provided.
- Additional students can be added on at any time.
- 1 staff member per 10 paying students will be free of charge
- Teachers participating in scuba diving courses will need to pay for their certification
Any modifications to programs on the day/camp will be agreed upon on the day with the group including any price variations. If an activity has been substituted on the day due to weather, it will be taken as a substitution of the said activity and the camp price will remain the same.
School Groups – Cancellations and Refunds
If your booking is cancelled:
- 30 days prior to arrival, a 100% cancellation fee will be applied.
- 90 days prior to arrival, a 50% cancellation fee will be applied
(unless the venue can be resold, at which time all payments, less 20% deposit, may be refundable)
- Any no shows ie students not turning up on the day, will not be credited unless a valid reason is supplied.
- All refund requests must be in writing. Rescheduling of your booking will be the first option to be considered and will only be applied with mutual agreement.