Terms and Conditions
Accommodation & Glamping Experiences
For bookings under $3000: Full Payment is required at time of booking.
For bookings over $3000, payment terms are as follows:
- 20% Deposit at time of booking (non refundable)
- 50% Payment within 30 days of booking date
- Balance 30 days prior to arrival
Cancellations and Refunds
If your booking is cancelled:
- 30 days prior to arrival, a 100% cancellation fee will be applied.
- 90 days prior to arrival, a 50% cancellation fee will be applied (unless the venue can be resold, at which time all payments, less 20% holding deposit, will be refundable)
- *All refund requests must be requested in writing.
Required for all group bookings – Details as follows:
- A security deposit form will be provided on booking. This needs to be filled out, signed and returned to the office 7 days prior to the arrival date. Payment of security deposit is to be made by Credit Card Pre-Authorisation on the day of arrival and is up to $2000 pending group type.
- A Pre-Authorization is not a payment; it allows the bank to put the amount of the security deposit on hold on your credit card so that you cannot spend the allocation. The card must be equipped with sufficient funds which will be released by the bank approx 7 working days after departure. Please contact the office if you find anything out of order which may affect your security deposit being refunded. Ph (03) 5984 0888. The form can be scanned and emailed or you can fill it in and take photo with your phone and email it through to email@example.com
Security Deposit Charges
If the security deposit is to be charged – the full amount will be processed on the allocated card. Fees will not be negotiated into for any damage charges, repairs or issues as a result of the group behaviour. All properties must be left in a condition that a new booking can arive and check in on the same day. If for any reason the property cannot be resold, charges will apply.
During Your Stay
Please abide by the following terms to avoid security deposit losses:
- Guests must not create noise or a disturbance of the peace which is offensive to neighbours at any time throughout the occupancy. If guests in adjoining propeties and/or neighbours are disturbed you may be liable to refund accommodation fees to guests whose stay has been disrupted by excessive noise from your group.
- Guests must abide by any noise abatement conditions, standards and orders issued by police or any regulatory authority to minimise impacts upon the residential amenity of neighbours and local community. Disturbance of the Peace comes with considerable fines.
- The Properties are not a “party house” and any such activities are strictly prohibited.
- Gatherings, celebrations or entertainment at the property must not conflict with residential amenity and must comply with local laws and house rules.
- *No unauthorised adult entertainment at any time on any property
- No smoking indoors or within 3 metres of entrances
- No cigarette litter on property grounds
- No open flames or candles
- No food or drink in the bedrooms or carpeted areas
- Garbage must be disposed of in the bins and in garbage bags
- No garbage is to be left beside bins in the outdoor areas
- Recycling in accordance with standard practice with local laws and in the correct bins
- No rubbish to be left in driveways, public and/or common areas
- Guests must comply with parking signs and information as supplied by Bayplay
- Guests must advise the office and pay a day fee for visitors.
- No Guest or Visitor is to disturb the natural environment or to bring animals onto the property without prior approval by management. Management are empowered to take action as necessary for improper behaviour and have the right to ask any person to leave.
Licence, Not A Tenancy
- Guests are granted a limited permission to occupy the Property for holiday purposes.
- This is not a residential tenancy agreement under the residential tenancy legislation.
- Failure to comply with the Guest’s obligations in the Terms and Conditions may result in termination of permission to occupy the Property and eviction.
Prices are subject to change.
- It is the clients responsibility to provide Bayplay with a contactable phone number prior to and for the duration of your stay.
- Minimum night stay during school holidays and Public Holidays
- One night stay available on request – surcharge applies.
- Children under 2 years old are Free of Charge.
- A fee applies to transfer your booking
- In the instance of a no show, refunds will not be issued
- Special Offers and Coupons are not redeemable on Public/school Holidays/peak times
- The facilities at all properties are shared ie pool, tennis court & parking.
- Pool heating ( Blairgowrie location) is available upon request (fee applies)
- Late check out or early check in by request (fee applies)
Swimming Pool – Bayplay Group Lodge, Blairgowrie
- The swimming pool at the Bayplay Group Lodge is shared amongst all guests and Bayplay’s scuba dive training team. Scuba dive training is on Saturdays until 1pm and/or Sunday mornings.
- Pool in use? No worries! You’re just 500m from the bay beach or a a short drive from Mornington’s very own natural hot springs. Pool heating is available upon request for a fee.
- If there are divers in the pool, this is a good time to visit the beach, local markets or join on a Bayplay kayak, snorkel or dive experience. If you would like to know the pool dive schedule, just give us a call in the office the day prior. No glass, alcohol, food or smoking in the pool area please.
Pet Friendly Accommodation
Some of our Bayplay Peninsula Accommodation properties are pet friendly. Some properties have deck only outside areas and in this case, dogs need to be managed by owners. No dogs at Iluka retreat at any time.
- Portsea Retreat – House trained dogs only – no outside spaces
- Blairgowrie Cottage – Fenced yard
- Blairgowrie Lodge – Fenced yard
- Bayplay Apartments and Group Retreat and Shoreham Iluka Retreat – No dogs allowed on the property at any stage as this is Land for Wildlife.
- Please contact the office to find out about bringing your pets along on your family holiday.
Seasons Are As follows:
- Low season: 10 Jun – 31 Aug
- High season: 1 Sep – 20 Dec and 31 Jan – 9 June
- Peak season: 20 Dec – 30 Jan, School Holidays, Easter and Long weekends
Weekend nights are Friday and Saturday nights
Mid Week nights are Sunday through Thursday
Bayplay Activity Terms & Conditions
Sailing Cruises, Snorkel, Dive, Kayak & Bike Experiences
- 100% payment is required upon booking.
- It is the clients responsibility to provide a contactable mobile phone number.
- Minimum numbers are required on all tours, charters and courses.
- Private Tours can be scheduled if minimum numbers are not met.
- All other experiences, tours and courses: Minimum of 4 guests, Sailing, Min 12 guests
- Weather is monitored closely for all experiences. If an activity is cancelled by our organisation due to weather conditions or any other reason beyond our control, the activity booking will be rescheduled. Cancellations are at the discretion of the company.
- Clients are not to be under the influence of alcohol/drugs prior to or during an activity/tour.
- If a Client is late for a tour departure, then the tour would be forfeited.
- In the circumstance of a “No Show”, the booking will not be rescheduled or refunded.
- Groups will be charged for the number of guests booked, including those who do not show up on the day. Final numbers for groups are required 7 days prior to the day. Extras may be added on at any time, space permitting.
Refunds are not provided unless exceptional circumstances and or upon accpetance of a doctors certificate. Refunds are at the discretion of management and must be requested in writing. An admin fee of 20% will be applied to all approved refunds. In some instances, you may be offered to swap your experience for a Bayplay gift voucher redeemable on Bayplay tours only. Additional terms for scuba diving follow.
Scuba Dive Terms & Conditions
These Terms are in addition to the above activity booking terms in section 2:
- SCUBA Dive Courses – We require a minimum of 4 people to run a dive course.
- Private Courses are available for numbers lower than 4 people but incur an additional fee.
- Rescehdule Fee – If a student diver cancels prior to/during a dive course $100 fee applies.
- Course Cancellation – If a student cancels their course, any refund will determined based on what was provided prior to the course ie online training
- Refunds are at the discretion of management and must be requested in writing.
- Refunds will not be issued if you find that scuba diving is not for you or if you miss the course due to situations that could have been avoided ie running late
- Learning to Dive – We understand that you may find that scuba diving is not for you or your assigned PADi dive instructor may decide that you need further one on one training or a dive medical to complete a diving program. In this instance you will be offered to reschedule to a later date or to swap to another activity. This is at the discretion of the dive instructors in conjunction with management.
- It is up to the student to ensure all paperwork is returned and medical information is disclosed prior to a dive course ie swimming ability or any reason which may impact on a learn to dive course or program.
- Reschedule of incomplete courses or DSD experiences are at the Managers discretion. If the DSD dive is not able to be completed on the day, than an alternate day will be offered. PADI liability forms and terms and conditions must be adhered to at all times.
- Charter Boat Dives – Refunds are not issued for boat dives cancelled by guests less than 72 hours in advance. Please note that all scheduled shore and boat dives may vary from dive site due to the following:weather conditions, safety and shipping channel vessels coming through Port Philip Heads. If a dive site is swapped to another on the day, a refund is not issued. Charter operators only run if numbers are met on the particular charter vessel.
- Scuba Equipment – Scuba Equipment is included on beginner and open water dive courses up to size 9 adult wetsuit and XL BCD. If a person requires equipment outside the range of what we carry, then a fee may be required to hire items in or purchase tailored equipment ie prescription masks. We require a min of 4 weeks to organise this.
- The dive instructor may recommend that you return to the program when your swimming skills or confidence in water is more advanced, or for any other reason that may affect the safety of the client, the other students on the course, the smooth running of the course or the Company providing the course.
Gift Voucher Terms & Conditions
- The gift certificate must be redeemed by the due date.
- The gift certificate may not be redeemed for cash.
- The certificate may be redeemed on scheduled tours only.
- Gift certificate may be exchanged for other Bayplay run tours.
- Gift certificates are valid for 3 years from the date of purchase.
- All bookings are subject to the Terms listed above for activities and accommodation
General Terms & Conditions
- Guests and Visitors must comply with any instructions from the Manager and security services during their stay and notify the Manager of any disputes or complaints as soon as is practicable on (03) 5984 0888.
- Special Offers – Only one special offer or deal is applicable per booking.
- Bayplay reserves the right to cancel bookings under extenuating circumstances, and in this instance all deposits where possible will be refunded. Whilst every effort is made to ensure a safe environment, Bayplay holds no responsibility for any damage to your person or personal effects.
Meeting the Terms and Conditions
- The consequences of not complying with the Terms and Conditions requirements can include enforcement action from the Owner, Manager, Security Services, Local Councils and Law Enforcement Officers.
- Enforcement action is subject to the Australian Consumer Law and other relevant legislation.
- Such enforcement action could result in termination of permission to occupy a Property, eviction and loss of booking payment or deductions from security deposits plus additional charges to recoup costs of loss of bookings due to the clients actions.
- It is important for all Guests to be aware of their obligations and of their responsibilities and to make any Visitors to Bayplay property aware of these requirements to maintain the amenity of the Property and its neighbourhood.
Education Group – Terms & Conditions
- The Booking Deposit is due within 7 Days of confirmation
- 20% Deposit at time of booking (non refundable)
- 50% Payment within 90 days of booking date
- Final Balance is due 7 days prior to arrival
- The Balance of payment will be based on the numbers provided 7 days prior to arrival
- Any no shows or cancellations within this period will be invoiced as a booking
- Cancellations due to serious illness may require a medical certificate and in this case will be considered for a refund.
- 1 staff member per 10 students will be free of charge
- Teachers participating in scuba diving courses may need to pay a fee
- Any modifications to programs due to weather will be agreed upon on the day with the group including any price variations. If an activity has been substituted with no price discussion – it will be taken as a substitution of the said activity and the camp price will remain the same.